Mr. Guttentag is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar. Mr. Guttentag concentrates his practice exclusively in construction law including construction lien claims and defense, payment and performance bond claims and defense, bid protests, construction contract preparation and negotiation, and construction and design defect claims and defense.
Mr. Guttentag received his Juris Doctorate Degree from Nova Southeastern University Shephard Broad Law Center. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Building Construction Degree (cum laude) from the University of Florida, M.E. Rinker School of Building Construction. He received the Highest Grade Award in Alternative Dispute Resolution while attending law school.
Mr. Guttentag is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts, and the U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida. He is a member of the American Bar Association (Construction Industry, Litigation, Real Property, Probate and Trust Sections); Florida Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Division); and Broward County Bar Association (Construction Law Committee).
Mr. Guttentag is a past President of the Fort Lauderdale Construction Specifications Institute where he continues to sit on the Board of Directors. He is also an active member of the Roofing Contractors Association of South Florida. Mr. Guttentage frequently lectures to contractors, subcontractors, and professionals on construction law issues.
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Construction Law
- Florida, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1998
- Nova Southeastern Law University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Honors: Received The Highest Grade Award in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.S. cum laude – 1994
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Building Construction
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Broward County Bar Association, Member, 1997 – Present
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI), Member, 1998 – Present
- RCASF, 2008 – Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1997 – Present
- Florida Bar Association, 1997 – Present